- Review of BFF’sPosted 267 days ago
- Stormy Daniels Directs Newest Wicked Passions Movie, Heart StringsPosted 844 days ago
- Spanish XXX Star Bridgette B Headlines in Anaheim and Santa Ana This WeekendPosted 1034 days ago
- jessica drake Returns To North Carolina’s Creedence and Bishop ShowPosted 1081 days ago
- Teagan Presley To Make Directorial Debut in Her All-Girl Starring Vehicle For skinworXXX, FemmeCorePosted 1155 days ago
- The Fantastic Feature – Lights, camera, and oh-so-much actionPosted 1322 days ago
- Review of 2040Posted 1354 days ago
- 2040 Interviews 2 of 5: jessica drakePosted 1371 days ago
- ‘NightMoves’ Announces Nominees for 17th Annual Awards ShowPosted 1443 days ago
- Stormy Daniels and Wicked Pictures Announces Listening Tour Starting in LouisianaPosted 1448 days ago
Tasha Reign Featured in UK Newspaper Sunday Sport
Marina Del Rey, Calif. — Blonde bombshell Tasha Reign has taken issue with BBC presenter Louis Theroux’s “Twilight of the Porn Stars,” a one-hour documentary where Theroux looks at the declining fortunes of the adult industry. Reign, who is a student at UCLA as well as a porn performer, made her comments in the UK tabloid newspaper Sunday Sport.
“I would never claim to speak on behalf of all the girls in the industry, but my experience in porn has been nothing but positive,” Reign said, “I’m not happy about being portrayed by the BBC as some sort of exploited individual, as it couldn’t be farther from the truth.
“Everyone at college knows what I do, including the lecturers. No one bats an eyelid,” Reign continued. “Which is why I’ve been so shocked at the reaction I’ve been getting on Twitter since the Louis Theroux show aired in the UK.”
Theroux, who had worked with Michael Moore’s “TV Nation” before joining the BBC, previously profiled the San Fernando Valley’s adult industry in 1997 as part of his series “Louis Theroux’s Weird Weekends,” signing with an adult-industry agent as a potential performer and taking a non-sex role in a gay production. In “Twilight of the Porn Stars,” Theroux spends time with male veteran performer Tommy Gunn, visits Tasha’s agency, Direct Models, and looks at performer Jon Dough, who was featured in the “Weird Weekend” program and committed suicide in 2006.
Reign told Sunday Sport that she only shoots scenes “with men I would go to bed with in real life. If I don’t find a man attractive, I won’t work with him.
“”I’m not stupid. I went into this industry with my eyes wide open…. I can separate my two very different lives [as porn star and college student] because at the end of the day it’s just a job.”
Tasha Reign started her adult career as a dancer at gentlemen’s clubs following a featured part on reality TV, studying for bachelor’s degree in Women’s Studies from UCLA by day and dancing in clubs at night. She was seen in Playboy’s “Girls of the Pac-10” feature in 2010 and became Penthouse Pet of the Month for May 2011. Tasha started performing in adult video in 2010, noteworthy appearances in productions including “Sexual Makeover’ for Penthouse Video and “Swimsuit Calendar Girls” for Elegant Angel. Tasha earned a Best New Starlet nomination at the 2012 XBIZ Awards, where she also served as a Trophy Girl. She is the hands-on owner/operator of her own adult-content website, TashaReign.com, and keeps up with her interest in music as a reviewer for Rock Confidential magazine, with a weekly column.
“Louis Theroux: Twilight of the Porn Stars” aired on BBC Two Sunday June 10, and is available for online viewing in the United Kingdom at bbc.co.uk.