.CAM’s Trademark Sunrise Period began on October 6th and ends on December 5th. During this period trademark holders who have registered their marks with the Trademark Clearinghouse (TMCH) have the opportunity to register their “trademark.cam” names before the new domain extension is offered to the general public.
.CAM is very well suited for adult industry and mainly for the live cams, counting the success of live cams niche in the recent years as it brings the subject of the industry as your domain extension. Imagine your live cams site on the new .CAM extension. It’s explicit and it pretty much brings itself into the visitor attention.
As our launch partner and owner of sex.cam, TMD Swiss AG very well said: “As an acronym for CAMERA or WEBCAM, CAM provides a good way to improve natural referencing. In example, when searching for “sex camera” or “sex webcam”, the website http://sex.cam , will appear in the first positions as soon as it will be indexed by search engines. That’s the magic result of EMD effect (Exact Matching Domain) which will benefit the .CAM corresponding domain name.”
With .CAM, short, clear and explicit, position your adult business in a better position on the net!
And, since we realise that the Sunrise Period could be technically challenging due to the Trademark Clearinghouse (TMCH) process, we will outline the steps in order to clear any misunderstanding you may have.
Steps to validate your trademark and register your .CAM :
1. Register with trademark-clearinghouse.com at https://secure.trademark-
2. Submit your trademark for verification
– Fill out a form detailing your trademark information (such as the registration date and number)
– Upload proof that you are using the trademark.
– Sign a declaration that you are using the trademark
3. Download your authentication key in SMD format, which is valid and you can use at any Sunrise period for every new gTLD
4. Register your trademark .CAM at any registrar accepting Sunrise applications (you can find a list on http://nic.cam/#
About ACWebconnecting (dotCAM registry)
.CAM is operated by AC Webconnecting. For over 20 years, AC Webconnecting provided connected software tools for professionals. The infrastructure, spread out over 5 countries, meets millions of visitors each day. In 2015, AC Webconnecting recorded 125 million unique visitors and nearly 2 billion page views, with a positive response rate of 99.99%. The designation of AC Webconnecting as Registry of dotCAM new generic extension (gTLD) is the result of five years of hard work, rewarded by the trust that ICANN gives to ACWebconnecting.
More information and links to register your brand .CAM domain are available now at www.nic.cam